Pfizer Sulit Patient Care Program Terms and Conditions
As of October 27, 2016
1. By using and continued use of this card, the holder agrees to be bound by Pfizer Sulit Patient Care (PSPCP) Program’s Terms and Conditions, including those published in http://pfizersulitcare.com.ph/ (the “website”), and all future amendments thereto. The holder shall visit the website from time to time and be solely responsible for being aware of the amendments to and contents of the terms and conditions, as published in the website.
2. The PSPCP is a disease management and patient adherence program which provides members with adherence support including patient educational materials, reminders, access measures to medicines and health support partners.
3. One of the member benefits is the special program price for the participating medicine the member is prescribed with, and other access benefits, which can be availed with the use of the Pfizer Sulit Card (CARD).
4. The CARD can be used at participating partner drugstores of the PSPCP. It is not transferable. The member must present a valid doctor’s prescription together with the CARD.
5. The CARD is pre-activated and can be used immediately by the patient after he or she is enrolled by the doctor post-prescription. By using the CARD, the patient signifies that he has read the terms and conditions of membership and agrees to be bound by them. However, to continue to avail of the benefits of the PSPCP after enrollment by the doctor, the patient should accomplish and sign the PSPCP membership form and submit the same to Pfizer through the physician or through fax/email. If the accomplished and signed form is submitted through fax or email, a government-issued ID should be included. Submission of the accomplished and signed membership form shall signify that patient would like to continue to avail of the benefits of the PSPCP. Enrollment of the patient in the program by the doctor is required.
6. If no accomplished and signed membership form is received by Pfizer within four (4) months from initial transaction or first usage of the CARD, the user thereof is deemed to be disinterested in participating further in the PSPCP and in availing of its benefits, and Pfizer shall have the right to deactivate the CARD. The CARD may be reactivated as soon as patients submit their duly signed membership form.
7. A patient is entitled to one CARD per medicine. Thus, a patient can only have one CARD per medicine at a given time.
8. The CARD is automatically assigned a specific quantity that can be purchased per month. The quantity will depend on the type of medicine. If less than the specific amount is consumed on a particular month, the balance shall be forfeited and at no instance will it be carried over to the following month. At the start of each month, the number is reset and the CARD is again automatically assigned the specific quantity applicable for the current month. Some CARDS, depending on the product participating in the program, have fixed expiry dates. All CARDS will expire if not used in five (5) years.
9. The special program pricing benefit to be availed of by patients shall be based on the suggested retail price of the medicine. Actual retail prices of drugstores may vary.
10. The CARD benefits are valid for cash or credit card purchases, except for Health Support Partner offers which are subject to separate mechanics.
11. This CARD is issued by Pfizer, Inc. and remains to be its property. In case of loss, the card is meant to be returned to:
23/F Ayala Life-FGU
6811 Ayala Avenue, Makati City
12. For any claims related to CARD benefits, patients must be able to present the Official Receipt issued by the drugstore where the product was purchased.
13. By having accepted the terms and conditions of the PSPCP, the patient understands and acknowledges that the information disclosed in the membership form as well as information obtained in the course of the PSPCP, both of which include personal information, are collected, processed and stored in an automated Pfizer-managed member data base system and/or in the member data base system of its affiliates or authorized third parties, and which shall be used and administered solely by Pfizer, and its said affiliate companies and authorized third parties in connection with the implementation and enhancements of the PSPCP, including the monitoring of the frequency of use and quantity of purchases made by the Cardholder. The patient gives his/her consent to Pfizer’s directors, officers, employees, advisers, agents and representatives’ (a) collection, processing, storage and use of personal information; and (b) outsourcing of the collection, processing, storage and use of personal information to service providers whether within or outside the Philippines. The foregoing constitute the express consent of the patient under the applicable confidentiality and data privacy law of the Philippines and other jurisdictions, and agree to hold Pfizer and relevant parties free and harmless from any and all liabilities, claims, damages and suits of whatever kind and nature that may arise in connection with the implementation and compliance with the authorization conferred by the patient hereunder. The foregoing consent shall continue for the duration of and shall survive the termination of the use of the card. The foregoing is without prejudice to the patient’s rights to reasonable access to, upon demand, and correction of his personal information, as well as his right to lodge a complaint before the National Privacy Commission, under Section 16 of the Data Privacy Act. The patient likewise agrees that the information referred to in this section may be disclosed to the patient’s attending physician and to any of Pfizer-authorized affiliates and third parties for any purposes that may include monitoring and following—
up on the patient’s compliance with his physician’s prescription as well as improving PSPCP. For these purposes, Pfizer and its authorized affiliates shall store personal information on the patient, as defined under Section 3 (g) of the Data Privacy Act, within five (5) years from the last use of the Pfizer Sulit Card.
14. Any patient-specific information may not be used in any form of publication or promotional material without prior written approval by the patient. De-identified and aggregate patient data may be analyzed and used to provide basis to further improve the program.
15. By availing of the benefits granted by the program, the member consents to receiving mail, e-mail, calls, text messages and/or other means of communication from Pfizer and its affiliate companies on healthcare and PSPCP-related topics which by applicable regulations, they may refuse or decline at any time.
16. Pfizer and its affiliate companies shall not be responsible nor liable to the patient-member for any loss or damage incurred or suffered as a consequence of: (a) any malfunction, defect or error in any machine or system of authorization whether belonging to or operated by Pfizer or its Drugstore-partners; (b) any delay or inability of Pfizer to perform any of its obligations pursuant to these terms and conditions due to any mechanical, data processing, or telecommunication failure, act of God, civil disturbance, or any event outside Pfizer, Inc.’s control or as a consequence of any fraud or forgery; and/or (c) any damage to or loss of or inability to retrieve any data or information that may be stored in any Card or any device whatsoever.
17. To the extent allowed by law and applicable regulations, Pfizer and its affiliate companies shall verify the identity of prescribing doctors indicated in the form. In the event that a prescribing doctor or the information relating to the prescribing doctor is found to be fictitious or false, Pfizer reserves the right to cancel the patient’s membership to PSPCP, including all its benefits.
18. The benefits to the program may be availed of for the duration that Pfizer offers the same. Pfizer may opt to stop or continue the program, in full or in part, at any time at its own discretion. Pfizer also reserves the right to change the program, its mechanics and benefits, and these terms and conditions, in full or in part, any time.